Form IMM 544e is the main form that would be presented to you to fill once you decide to apply for renewal of your Canadian permanent residence card or to get the PR card once you attained the permanent residency status.
Most times, it is automatically issued to you once you become a permanent resident so you might not need to apply the first time.
This form which can be downloaded online and filled can only be filled by people who already have permanent residence status in Canada either to apply for a new card or renew their card. Applying can be due to several reasons which include;
- Your current card is about to expire
- Your card was stolen, lost, or damaged
- Your first application for the PR card
Like all applications, there are requirements that must be met before this card can be issued for the applicant. These include;
- The applicant must be present in Canada and must have the permanent residency status
- The applicant must not be convicted for any offense relating to the inappropriate use or fabrication of the resident card
- not be under an effective removal order.
- The citizen must not be a Canadian citizen
- The applicant must not be an Indian registered under the Indian Act
Steps to complete the application process
The first step is for the form to be filled correctly. You do not want to make mistake In your name or fill in the wrong details. After this, you make payment for the filing fee online and submit the form with your supporting documents to the IRCC.